Why getting involved ?
On the 28th of July 2010 the United Nations General Assembly recognized access to water and sanitation as a Human Right Fundamental.
The principles of the right to water are:
- Availability in sufficient quantity and continuously
- Physical accessibility
- Access Security (water quality and safety of the installations)
- Acceptability, dignity and privacy
But today, 780 million people lack access to an improved water source, and 2.6 billion people lack access to basic sanitation.
Sensitive to this inequality, we decided to act so we have created a French association under 1901 Law, called ” Water around the world”. Please find the official publication : Publication JOAFE WaW . Thanks to this legal framework we hope to get financial support to donate to these projects and associations.
Method : Journalistic approach
Through a journalist approach, we will be on the field, to meet local associations and NGO acting for water issues. The goal of the project is to educate the worldwide population, and increase the visibility of these community projects.
We will focus our Sustainable World Trip on these three themes:
- Access to drinking water
We plan to support local structures who work daily to improve population‘s living conditions through information and media coverage.
In this context, we will make video reports, photos and articles on the field. We will post them on our website to improve the visibility and the credibility our association and partners. These video reports will be edited on a short format (5 to 10 minutes) .
These video reports will be organized by:
- Topics: Access to clean water, sanitation and agroecology
- Areas: Asia, Africa, South America
- Speakers: Technical and Operational referent, Local Population
Our final aim is to cross all the information and initiatives to give new ideas or trends in different countries.
- To increase the visibility and credibility of these local actors to encourage future volunteers vocation and donations.
- To raise awareness of ‘North’ countries regarding these challenges. This population should be awared very young. We want to establish a partnership with a school in order to share daily our project and present our videos reports on our return to the class.
- To share knowledge and skills between local NGOs and associations through our website. All our communication will be in English and in French in order to promote this solidarity exchange.
- Providing footage (videos, photos, articles) for the local actors’ website.